The FANTASTIC news? The rash is 90% gone. Hooray! Now, this is partially due to this diet and in large part due to a new facial moisturizer called, Aquanil HC. I put this on my rash/eczema/dermatitis situation and it started working the first day. The hot redness went down to a hot pink, the rash spots lowered, and the itchiness stopped. By afternoon of the second day, patches of my normal skin color were returning and old skin was flaking off the healing parts. Mmm..bonito flakes! Ok, not that large, but shit was healing!
3 days in, my face was looking pretty friggin’ normal. And then I went and ruined it with Vitamin E. I know! Vitamin E, it’s natural. Natural is good. Well, it is. I got a couple red bumps after veering from Eucerin Aquaphor to JASON Vitamin E 32,000 overnight. Don’t worry, all’s back to normal now, but I learned something important from this information.
I now believe that the most current face rash I have and am still healing from was very likely a fungal infection, similar to when wrestlers get ringworm on their faces. Yes! I am secretly a Luchador! My mask ripped open one night and bam! I got ringworm.
Actually, I don’t know. What I do know is that my body was susceptible to this infection and subsequent second rash because:
- I already had contact dermatitis from hair dye, so my skin was weakened
- I was under a great deal of stress
- I wasn’t sleeping or eating as well as I usually do
- I was drinking too much
I believe that the fungus was happy about the organic vitamin E snack and rapidly spread as a result. I’ll have no qualms about going back to vitamin E on my face after it heals, but for now, I’m staying away. So even though my face is *almost* back to normal, I am continuing full steam ahead with my diet because it may have been the imbalance in my system that caused this second skin infection. I am going to hit these little fucks where it hurts so that I can feel healthy and resume my normal operating schedule.
I have some actually delicious recipes for peeps on the Candida Diet–some originals, some are tweaks of other people’s awesomeness. If there’s anything I’ve learned so far it’s that I get super creative when my ingredients are limited. Necessity is Mother of Invention.
What did I eat last week? P.S. I made all this from scratch:
- Roasted Kale & Garlic
- Mixed Greens Salad with Roasted Asparagus
- Zucchini Ratatouille-ish
- Egg Fritatta with Asparagus, Avocado, Celery, Collard Greens, Beets, & Broccoli
- Zucchini Chips
- Kale Chips
- Cauliflower Risotto with Turmeric & Chili Flakes
- Chia & Flax Seed Crackers
- Veggie Egg Drop Soup
- Chia Seed Crackers with Flax, Pumpkin, & Sunflower Seeds
- Veggie Fried Cabbage
- Egg Salad on mixed greens
- Sparkling lemon/lime water
- Tea/Herbal beverages(see previous post)
- Lime, stevia, muddled cucumber, ground chia seeds, soda water
- Juice! Kale, spinach, ginger, cucumber, radish, lime
- Fruit cocktail: cucumber juice, ginger juice, stevia, lemon, sparkling water
Green Delicious Beverage(GDB for short)
- 2 oz pressed cucumber juice
- 1 oz pressed ginger juice
- 1 oz Truvia
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Perrier Lime or your sparkling bevvy of choice